What is Broadband?
- Broadband is an Internet connection offering minimum download speeds of 512 kilo bits per second (kbps).
Why is Sky Dot Broadband better than other broadband connections?
- With Sky Dot broadband you can choose from a wide variety of plansbased on your requirement and budget. We provide day/ night plans whichgive higher speeds at night and help you save more.
- Sky Dot broadband is a prepaid service so you can have a control over our monthly spends on the Internet.
- With Sky Dot broadband you can enjoy best speeds as we offer acontention ratio of less than 30.
- We offer different plans in different cities to give you the best deal.
- To get Sky Dot broadband you need not purchase a modem or landline, andcan reduce your cost.
- You can renew your connection online and during renewal you can selectany plan of your choice.
- You get 24*7 customer care support.
- We are present in multiple cities in Gujarat so you can transfer yourconnection in case of relocation.
- We do not enforce a fair usage policy (FUP) on our unlimited plans.
What is Contention ratio? What is the contention ratio Sky Dot broadband provides?
- Contention ratio is the number of customers who get connected to a network at the same time.
- The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) specifies thecontention ratio to be less than 50 for home customers and less than 30 forbusiness customers.
- Sky Dot offers a contention ratio of 4 to 30.
Will more Sky Dot broadband users online slow down my connection?
- More than the number of users online, it is the kind of applications thatthey use while online that influences the speed. So your speed will not benegatively affected just because you have many Sky Dot broadband usersonline. But it will marginally decrease if all of them at the same timeindulge in data intensive activities online.
How many days will it take to get my Sky Dot broadband connection?
- Normally the installation is done within 4-7 Days from the time the orderis picked up along with the requisite charges. However, in exceptionalcases it could take a few days more, based on the feasibility & thedistance.
What are the documents to be furnished to get a Sky Dot broadband connection?
- Passport size photograph
- Photo identity - Ration card/Passport/ Company Id /Driving license
- Address proof- Ration card/Passport/ Gas connection statement/Electricity bill/ Rental agreement/ Telephone bill
- Customer Application Form (provided by Sky Dot )
- The above documents need to be submitted to the Sky Dot business associate along with the payment by DD/ cheque.